Ginger has been known for decades to be the best thing for an upset stomach
Get your essential oils and natural products wholesale when you join the doTERRA Wholesale
When used as a kitchen spice, the hot, earthy nature of Ginger adds flavor to a variety of dishes, and may help to support healthy digestion.
Newly sourced from Madagascar, doTERRA Ginger essential oil is derived from the fresh rhizome of the ginger plant, the subterranean stalk of a plant that shoots out the root system. A featured ingredient in many Asian dishes, Ginger has a hot, fragrant flavor when used as a kitchen spice. In Western tradition, Ginger is most often used in sweets—gingerbread and ginger snaps being two examples. Studies have been conducted on Ginger for its common effect on joint health; however, Ginger is best known as a digestive aid and for helping to ease occasional indigestion and nausea. Ginger essential oil can also be applied topically or inhaled to help reduce feelings of nausea.
- During a long car ride, diffuse or place a drop of ginger in the palm of your hand and inhale
- Diffuse to help create a sense of equilibrium.
- Diffuse for added energy in late afternoons.
- Delivers antioxidant protection.*
- Use with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a stimulating massage.
- Apply over lower abdomen for a soothing massage
- Use Ginger essential oil in your favorite sweet and savory dishes
Directions for Use:
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- May help to support healthy digestion
- May help to reduce gas, bloating, and occasional indigestion
- May help to reduce occasional nausea, or stomach discomfort
Aromatic Description: Hot, spicy, earthy, sweet
Collection Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Root
Main Constituents: α-zingiberene, sesquiphellandrene