See our Ebook. Shinrin-yoku, or forest bathing, is the mindful practice of absorbing the calming atmosphere of natural places like the forest. Connecting to nature for relaxation is not new, but the practice of shinrin-yoku originated and was named in Japan in the early 1980s as a process for disconnecting from technology to relax and unwind. Decades of research and recent studies indicate that being immersed in a forest with mindful intention likely has enormous health and wellbeing benefits.
The contemplative practice of forest bathing is the inspiration for this transformative essential oil blend. The Shinrin-Yoku Forest Bathing Blend is formulated with CPTG® essential oils rich in terpenes associated with forest bathing and clinical research indicates diffusing terpenes-rich essential oils promotes a calming environment when slowing down, focusing, and centering. Terpenes are part of a class of important compounds called phytoncides that serve as part of the tree’s defense system. These phytoncides include limonene, α-pinene, and β-pinene, often found in oils known for their comforting, grounding aromas.
- Contains essential oils rich in terpenes and phytoncides associated with the positive effects of a walk in nature.
- Creates a calming, grounding environment with a refreshing, inspiring aroma
- Contributes to an energizing, rejuvenating experience when combined with the creation of a green space in the home.
- Inspired by the health-promoting practice of forest bathing.
- Diffuse to create clear and fresh surroundings.
- Breathe in when meditating or journaling.
- Apply to skin with carrier oil for a personal aroma.
Directions for Use
Aromatic Use: Add three to four drops to the diffuser of your choice.
Topical Use: Dilute one drop in 10 drops of carrier oil and apply to desired area.
See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you’re pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, face, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight and UV rays for at least 12 hours after applying the product.
ps. Members can take the Free Shinrin Yoku training course.